NCHMCT Opens Registration Window for CBSE Students to Participate in Hospitality Based Course Counselling
New Delhi, July 10, 2023 – In continuation of Circular No. Skill-70/2023 dated June 8, 2023, and the virtual orientation meeting held on June 14, 2023, regarding the “Special Opportunity for CBSE students to participate in the NCHMCT Counselling for admission to Hospitality-Based Courses,” the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) has announced the opening of a registration window for CBSE students who missed the NCHM Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) 2023. This initiative allows eligible students to directly register and participate in the counselling process. Please note the following details:
- The registration window is now open, and students can register themselves until July 11, 2023 (AN) by visiting NCHMCT’s official website www.nchm.nic.in (https://nchmcounselling.nic.in).
- During registration, students need to fill out an online application form, providing all the required credentials, including the marks obtained in the 12th examination. They are also required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 2,000/- (Rupees two thousand only), similar to NCHM JEE candidates.
- A merit list will be prepared based on the aggregate marks obtained in the 12th examination. This merit list will determine the eligibility of students to directly participate in the counselling process. The merit list will be declared on July 13, 2023, on the same website.
- In the event of a tie, the tiebreaker will be determined by a formula based on age criteria.
- After the release of the merit list, students must fill in their choice of Institute starting from July 14, 2023.
- The registration window is open for students who passed in previous years as well since there is no maximum age limit to enter the program.
CBSE, therefore, requests all affiliated schools to circulate this information to 10+2 pass-out students and encourage them to seize this opportunity to pursue higher studies in the field of the Hospitality Sector.
This special opportunity provided by NCHMCT aims to ensure that CBSE students who missed the NCHM JEE 2023 can still participate in the counselling process and pursue their aspirations in the field of hospitality. The NCHMCT is committed to providing equal opportunities to students and promoting excellence in the hospitality industry.
For any further information or inquiries, students are advised to visit the NCHMCT’s official website or contact the relevant authorities through the provided channels.
CBSE remains dedicated to facilitating educational opportunities and empowering students to excel in their chosen fields of study.
About NCHMCT: The National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. NCHMCT aims to promote hospitality education and professional training in India, ensuring the availability of skilled professionals for the hospitality and tourism industry.
Stay tuned for updates on the counselling process and further developments in the field of hospitality education.